Good morning my fittie beauties! For today’s workout I didn’t have much time, I had an hour whilst my husband was able to look after the baby in the morning. Also, the sun was shining so I wanted to get some time outside to make the most of it! I love running in the sunshine, it makes me feel so good!
To make my usual run more interesting I added some body-weight exercises and also did some intervals. You can do the body-weight exercises at home if you do not feel comfortable doing outside. I do what I can outside and finish the rest at home. I’ve picked these exercises specifically to ensure I got an all over body workout.
To get the timings right, I use Runkeeper and have it set to notify me at every half a mile. This way I can do half miles with exercises in-between.
- Warm up – jog at slow pace – 10 minutes
- Interval 1 – run at a comfortable pace – 0.5 miles
- Tricep dips – 60 seconds
- Interval 2 – run at a comfortable pace – 0.5 miles
- Squat jumps – 60 seconds
- Interval 3 – run at comfortable pace – 0.5 miles
- Cool down – jog at slow pace for – 10 minutes
- Finisher – Push ups 60 seconds
- V sit ups – 60 seconds
- Russian Twists – 60 seconds
This is a great workout to do if you are on holidays or do not have access to your usual gym. It can also be adapted for any distance, if you want to make it harder/easier.